Regain Memory Center
Call :La 318-865-1200
Memory is the building block of intelligence, Without a memory of the past, we cannot operate in the present or think about the future. Depends on the ability to learn and retain in short term memory (STM) through acoustic repetition, visual, and semantic memory.
Making new memory from STM to long term memory (LTM) is by genetic coding through stages of memory, encoding , storage, and retrieval.
Encoding system in LTM appears to be semantic coding (by meaning/logic) and visual.
LTM involve changes in protein synthesis, gene regulation, and in many cases, structural modifications.
LTM involves changes in the structure of neurons including growth of new processes and synapses in the different parts of the brain.
Assisted computerized cognitive brain training (CCBT) is capable of the repetitive brain stimulation of visual, auditory, semantic, and procedural memory with limitations.
1. Central pontine myelinolysis, an update S Kumar, M Fowler, E Gonzalez-Toledo, Neurological Research> List of Issues> Volume 28, Issue 3
2. Montreal Cognitive Assessment, a screening tool for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. S. Kumar MD, P Shah BS, M Kumar DDS ~ Presented @ AAN .2015 American Academy of neurology, Washington DC
3. Individualized neuro-cognitive rehabilitation can reverse cognitive and memory impairment irrespective of etiology: Prospective pilot study. S. Kumar MD,Jitendra K, MS. A Jawahar MS, , M Kumar DDS ~ Presented @ AAN .2015 American Academy of neurology, Washington DC/American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine 2015 Dallas
4. Association between etiology and patterns of neurocognitive impairment detected with Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS-IV) assessment: Prospective study in 71 consecutive patients A Jawahar MS S. Kumar MD, P Shah BS, M Kumar DDS ~ Presented @ AAN .2015 American Academy of neurology, Washington DC
5.Observed Specific Pattern of cognitive impairment in patients with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: a prospective study of 35 patients, A Jawahar MS S. Kumar MD, P Shah BS, M Kumar DDS ~ Presented @ AAN .2015 American Academy of neurology, Washington DC.
6.Seizures in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Prospective Analysis of 134 Patients with mTBIS Kumar MD. P Shah. M Kumar DDS. presented @ TBI Conference Washington DC USA 2015
7.Post concussion syndrome & BPPV presenting with migraine/headaches in an urgent headache clinic: Analysis of 90 cases, S. Kumar MD poster presentation.6/2014 annual meeting of American Headache Society. Los Angles,
8. Brain Injury cognitive screening a spot tool for the mild traumatic brain injury. Jeet B MS. Suresh Kumar MD, A Jawahar ~ Submitted in AMIA Joint Summit 2015, San Francisco, CA
1. Doc Do I have Traumatic Brain Injury. MOCA effective tool of screening for TBI-prospective 70 case study, S. Kumar as Oral Presentation, Brain injury Association of Canada Meeting Sept 2014, Qubec, Canada.
Active Research Studies in progress
Genetics testing based medication therapy in patient with headaches disorder.
Validation of MOCA a sensititive screening tool with WMS IV and NAB battery Neurocognitive testing,
Forced oxygen therapy, a technology at ease, better alternative to HBOT
Kumar Migraine Compound an alternative abortive therapy a pilot study.
Genetics testing based medication therapy in Seizure patients.
Neuro-Behavioral Assessment following concussions, traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury.
Occipital nerve block and supratrochlear blocks in patients with headaches disorders.
Forced Oxygen therapy in the management of headaches Disorder.
Forced Oxygen therapy in the management of acute and subacute concussion injury.
Pseudo Bulbar Affect in Mild to Moderate TBI diagnosis & Treatment
If You have question about our research please contact us 318-865-1200